- School Info
If your student is absent for any reason, please call the 24-hour Sick Line:
Parents/Guardians should verify their child's absence within 72 hours.
NOT GOING TO BE AT SCHOOL? Call the Attendance Line at (949) 234-5309
Provide the following information when leaving your message:
- The date(s) of the absence
- Your name (the person calling)
- Your child’s full name (spell the last name), Grade, and Teacher’s Name
- The reason for the absence (If no reason is given, the absence will be marked as UNEXCUSED)
- Absences can only be excused within 72 hours (If we have not received a call within 72 hours, the absence will be marked as unexcused).
- If your child will be absent for 3 or more school days, you can request an Independent Study Contract
CAN’T MAKE IT TO SCHOOL ON TIME? Stop by the office to get a tardy slip.
LEAVING SCHOOL EARLY? Come to the office and we will call for your student.
- A parent or guardian, who is on the approved contact list, must come into the office to sign the student out before he/she leaves campus
- A Photo I.D. is required to sign out a student
- Students will not be called out of class until the parent/guardian arrives to sign them out.
GOING AWAY FOR 3 TO 10 DAYS? Request an Independent Study Contract
- Notify the office AT LEAST 10 SCHOOL DAYS PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF THE ABSENCE so the request can be reviewed. If approved, the class assignments will be organized and given to the student the day before the start of the absence.
- The Independent Study must be for a minimum of 3 consecutive school days and a maximum of 14 school days or less total for the year.
- Completed class assignments are due the day the student returns to school.
QUESTIONS? Contact Cindy at Laguna Niguel Elementary (949) 234-5308